An introduction to loss, grief and bereavement is hosted by Child Bereavement UK and Child Bereavement UK/Scotland. It is being held on Tuesday 19th March from 10am – 4pm at Peace Hospice Care, Peace Drive, WD17 3PH.
Deepen your understanding of bereavement and your skills in bereavement support for parents and children facing loss.
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
– Gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
– Gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
– Appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
– Relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
– Identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
– Gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
– Recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and and identify ways of supporting ourselves
– Gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
£90 per delegate. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
To book visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-introduction-to-loss-grie…