The development works are split into three areas.
The area between The Turnstones and York Way.
- Demolition of the existing bungalows in The Turnstones
- Construction of nine new bungalows (A1-A9) in York Way
- Construction of a new road and nine houses (B1-B9) between The Turnstones and York Way
- Construction of seven new houses (C1-C7) in The Turnstones
The area along York Way between Meriden Way and Abbey View.
- Refurbishment of the car park between Peartree Court and Maple Court
- Demolition of the garages adjacent to Coldharbour House, Foxtree House and Maple Court
- Construction of new shops and apartments (E2, E3) at the junction of Meriden Way and York Way
- Construction of new apartment blocks (F1, F2, G) adjacent to Foxtree House, Maple Court and Abbey View
The area currently occupied by the Meriden Shops.
- Demolition of garage site and removal of underground fuel tanks
- Demolition of the existing shopping parade
- Construction of flexicare unit for residents aged 50+, retail unit(s) and apartments (D, E1)
Information on the flexicare unit can be found from the following links:
- Watford Community Housing Flexicare briefing note
- Flexicare housing in Hertfordshire
- Flexicare housing factsheet
Watford Community Housing / Mulalley Updates
Copies of the Meriden Development Newsletters, as published by Watford Community Housing and Mulalley, are listed below. Please click on the appropriate link to view each newsletter. Electronic copies will appear here after physical copies have been distributed so that those most affected by the works receive updates first. If the most recent newsletter is not yet available please check back later.
Proposed Schedule of Works
The latest schedule of works as supplied by Watford Community Housing and Mulalley is given below.
Demolition of existing shopping parade.
Construction of new flexicare facility and apartments (D, E1).
Demolition of remaining bungalows in The Turnstones
Construction of seven new houses (C1-C7) in The Turnstones
Construction of nine new houses (B1-B9) along a new road between The Turnstones and York Way has been started ahead of the original schedule. Brick and blockwork has been completed and the first floor joists are currently being installed. Once completed the first floor brick and blockwork will commence.
Landscaping of remaining green.
This is a photographic record of the areas of the estate under development. As the development progresses, more photographs will be added.
The following photographs below are courtesy of David Smith. They were taken mid January 2019. We are very grateful to him for taking them.
The following photographs below are courtesy of David Smith. Taken mid February 2019. Once again we are very grateful to you David.
We thank David Smith for the following photographs, taken April 2019
Once again we are very grateful to David Smith for the following photos – taken October 2019.